- September 16, 2021
- Posted by: Berni
Head of BD & RA
You will be required to do the following:
- Manage and maintain the current portfolio of products in South Africa and provide strategic input for territory expansion through risk mitigation strategies utilizing commercial acumen, regulatory intelligence and drug management capabilities.
- Manage the commercialization process for all new products in order to support delivery of top line growth for the business as well as meeting the ‘right first time’, accuracy and speed requirements of our customers.
- Responsible for increasing growth and profitability in the consumer business through acquisitions of products or companies and strategic development and implementation of defined integration plans to deliver planned business growth goals for such acquisitions. To effectively develop a five-year strategy including the introduction of new products to support the business plan and marketing strategy of the consumer division from Product Sourcing, Pre- formulation studies, formulation development for consumer products through to the scale-up for commercial manufacturing, packaging, analytical services.
Your need to have the following qualifications and experince:
- B. Pharm Degree (registration with South African Pharmacy Council) or BSc. Preferable
- A post graduate business qualification will be advantageous.
- 10 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical/Healthcare Industry
- Prior experience in New Business Development is a pre-requisite, preferably with some exposure to FMCG.
- Experience in Regulatory Affairs is preferable but not essential.
- Demonstrated experience in managing business priorities and projects across multiple business areas, with a thorough understanding of Product Development and Project Implementation.
- Demonstrated strategic orientation with strong commercial and financial acumen.